1. Identity of the Data Controller and contact details
Rushmoor Borough Council is the data controller for the personal information you provide on this form. You can contact the Council by phone on 01252 774256, via email to email@example.com or by writing to us at Council Offices, Farnborough Road, Farnborough GU14 7JU. You can contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. What we need your information for and the legal basis for it
We need your personal information to enable us to send out information relating to the North East Hampshire Domestic Abuse forum meetings, training and other relevant information relating to domestic abuse issues. The law allows us to use your personal information in this way in order to ensure you are kept updated about domestic abuse responses provided that you consent to this use. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting the data controller as detailed above.
3. Use for any other purposes
If we need to use your information for any other purpose, we will normally inform you before using it, unless we believe you know about the new purpose already or there are legal reasons that prevent us from telling you.
4. Will you pass my information to anyone else?
We may share your information with other teams within the Council, such as the wider Community Safety Team based within the Council in order to provide our services and to keep our records up to date.
5. How we will store and look after your information
Your data will be held electronically and will not be stored in a country outside the UK. All paper records containing your personal information will be held securely in our filing systems and archives.
6. How long we will retain your information
We will normally keep your details until you advise us you wish to be removed from our circulation list. For further information on our policy for retaining personal information, see our retention guidelines.
7. Your rights concerning your information
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you a number of rights concerning your personal information. See the list below. Not all rights apply in every case – it will depend on the legal basis for collecting your information and how we use it.
• The right to be informed • The right to restrict processing
• The right of access • The right to data portability
• The right to rectification • The right to object
• Rights related to automated decision making, including profiling •The right to erasure
Further details on these rights can be found on our website http://www.rushmoor.gov.uk/dataprotection
8. Right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you are not happy with the way the Council is handling your personal information you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. (ICO).
You will find details of how to do so on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/ or by phoning their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
9. Why we need your information and the consequences of not providing it
We need your information to enable us to keep you informed about the work of the Domestic Abuse forum. If you do not consent to us holding your data for the purposes above, your details will be removed from our database and you will not receive generic communication regarding domestic abuse issues from the forum.