Privacy Notice – Graffiti Removal
1. Identity of the Data Controller and contact details
Rushmoor Borough Council is the data controller for the personal information you provide on this form. You can contact the Council by phone on 01252 398220, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at Council Offices, Farnborough Road, Farnborough GU14 7JU. You can contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
2. What we need your information for and the legal basis for it
We need your personal information in order to carry out graffiti removal from your property for which you have given your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the details given above.
3. Use for any other purposes
If we need to use your information for any other purpose, we will normally inform you before using it, unless we believe you know about the new purpose already or there are legal reasons that prevent us from telling you.
4. Will you pass my information to anyone else?
We may share your information with other teams within the Council such as Waste Management in order to provide our services, carry out our public tasks and to keep our records up to date. If you ask a Councillor for help we may pass information to them and other services to enable them to help you.
We may also pass information about you to third parties where permitted or required by law to do so. This may include other local authorities and government departments or agencies carrying out their public tasks, such as the Police in carrying out investigations.
5. How we will store and look after your information
Your data will be held electronically and will not be stored in a country outside the UK. All paper records containing your personal information will be held securely in our filing systems and archives.
6. How long we will retain your information
We will normally keep your details for a period of 6 months after graffiti removal has been carried out or for as long as we are required to do so by law, or in accordance with our operational requirements. For further information on our policy for retaining personal information, see our retention guidelines.
7. Your rights concerning your information
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you a number of rights concerning your personal information. See the list below. Not all rights apply in every case – it will depend on the legal basis for collecting your information and how we use it.
• The right to be informed • The right to restrict processing
• The right of access • The right to data portability
• The right to rectification • The right to object
• Rights related to automated decision making, including profiling • The right to erasure
Further details on these rights can be found on our website http://www.rushmoor.gov.uk/dataprotection
8. Right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you are not happy with the way the Council is handling your personal information you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. (ICO).
You will find details of how to do so on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/ or by phoning their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
9. Why we need your information and the consequences of not providing it
We need your information to provide graffiti removal services to you. If you do not provide consent we will not be able to remove graffiti from your property.